View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #53
stratman
Goldmember

Drives: 06 CTS-V
I'm not going to get worried. As others have said it is just silly to speculate 5 years out. One of the first articles I read about the current Camaro back in 04 or 05 listed a turbo or supercharged version of the 5 cylinder out of the Colorado as a likely engine. Didn't happen.

V8s are not old archaic technology. People lose 2-4 cylinders, strap on a blower or turbo and act like they have the newest evolution in the internal combustion engine. Turbos and blowers have been around for decades. Like everything else with automobiles they have become more effective, more reliable, and cheaper thus they are more prevalent in the mainstream market. The "old" LS platform gets far better mileage than the V6 out of my S-10 which is barely 7 years older. Someone please show me a factory turbo/blower car that makes 400+hp and sells for 32-35,000.

They don't need to do away with the V8. It just needs to continue to get better.If you think you are going to get a turbo six making the same power without a price increase, you are crazy. My 2 cents. There will always be V8 American sports cars just as there will always be V12 European exotics. And thank God for both.
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote