View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 PM   #335

Drives: Getaway Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Muscle doesn't cut it.

The GenIV died not because of lack of muscle........it died because the foundation car as a V6 SUCKED!!!!!

I could take a cracker box and put 708 HP in it and the "muscle" fans would buy it simply because it was 1 more than the Fiat.

The Camaro, in order to survive, has to go beyond "muscle" and simply be a great automobile.

I worked there. We accomplished great things on my teams that would be a huge list most of which GM gets no or little credit for.

I know the people there and I know what they are capable of.

Taking a an ATS coupe and making a 7/8 scale Gen5 Camaro with more HP could be done by the Chinese. What I want is the best work that the people I know are capable of making.

I want great. I want industry changing. I want Dearborn confused and I want Italy afraid. I........want..........MORE
Ditto..... but just like your SIG says....
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley

SO.... for that, we must have MUSCLE = HP to the wheels! = MODERN pleasure!! (so we are on the same page actually!!)
Edit: Also... I really like GM. But isn't it interesting how Fiat is tapping nostalgia with a modern technology?