View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
I like this topic...

The things that everyone could live without (imo)...
  • The power jack next to the traction control button...
  • The engine "cosmetic" cover.. useless weight and heat trap
  • The compressor/goo in the trunk and the foam spare replacement it mounts in. Mine is even a daily driver, but without a spare you are on roadside/tow only.. why cost yourself 2X the money by getting a 'temp' fix
  • Onstar, the most useless (and expensive) option on any car... EVER
  • Serius XM radio, who doesn't have a smart phone that can stream google play/pandora/ect..
  • The central lock (even door mounted) switches, if you want to open the door pull the handle twice or wait till the ignition is off (I have mine set to unlock on turnoff)

The stupid (sometimes small) things that it SHOULD have come with...
  • Magnetic oil drain plug...
  • Nav/touchscreen/backup camera/ media center
  • Homelink/garage door opener
  • Steering wheel radio controls
  • Locking gas door

The small (sometimes) things that I'm GLAD it came with (that should be standard on every car)...
  • Auto-head lights
  • Locking Glove box
  • power to everything after ignition off (roll up windows/ listen to the last 20 seconds of a song/radio dj)

I use that power jack by the traction control ALL THE TIME. Just goes to show that what some people don't want, others use constantly.

I just wish OnStar was an option. I don't ever use and never will.