View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I enjoy my Sirius from time to time, and with OnStar, it does help give me peice of mind that I have it on. A friend of mine out in Albuquerque has his Chevy Pickup stolen, called up OnStar immediately and they were able to track down the vehicle and notified the authorities. The guy whole stole it was caught red handed and the officers took him to jail.

I would ike to add that the sun visors are pretty much useless as well.
I took a tour of the OnStar Command Center here in downtown Detroit - it's a very cool setup with a massive screen of the US and an icon appears anytime someone presses the OnStar button or it detects a vehicle accident. It's really humbling, though, when you're standing there watching the screen and you see an icon for an accident pop up and you know the accident was bad enough that it triggered OnStar... You hope they're alright and atleast know an advisor is going to be patched through to see if they need any help, but it's weird seeing it pop up and know someone's day just got ruined. Likewise they said that sometimes they can be the first to know when a major disaster occurs because of all the OnStar modules reacting to accidents (like when a bridge collapses). It's pretty crazy to think how useful that little blue button can be afterall!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote