View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #120
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point we will be discussing how we can't drive our perforamnce cars when gas is $10 per gallon. Look at the projections for the Chinese auto market lately? 30 million units by early next decade. India? Just barely getting an automobile market. Statistics show that well over half of the buyers in China and India are first time buyers. That is telling. And they will all want oil.

2nd FUTURE SPOILER ALERT - at some point this conversation will be had about eliminating gasoline or diesel and only having electric propulsion (EVs and Fuel Cells are coming). And EVs can be pretty fun to drive as well.
And they accuse me of being all "Doom" and "Gloom"?

If all that is true, then pretty much mothing we are being forced to do now regarding CAFE and such actually amounts to ANYTHING. All the oil is going to eventually get used up by china, and they will use it up in the most polluting possible ways.

The way I see your scanario is that we're now forcing people to pay tons of money on super efficient cars so that we can preserve the fuel supply so that our enemies can have it when they begin expanding.

So we intentionally hobble ourselves for nothing.

In that light, not only is CAFE illegal as I have been saying, but it's also incredibly useless and therefore is utter STUPIDITY.
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote