View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #1
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
2012 LFX siezed engine Can it be saved?? - will a 13-15 LFX engine work in my car?

Well this is definitely not a post I ever thought I would be making by my camaro died. It made a sound that I thought was an exhaust leak (I had just put my exhaust back on) but now I realize was engine knocking :(

I'll post more details below but my main question is this. Will a 2013, 2014, and or 2015 Camaro LFX engine work in my 2012??

There are different part numbers between 12 and 13 through 15. It looks like the difference is valve springs and valve covers. I have had trouble finding an answer to this problem.

I drained the oil and it was low - just over 3 quart. There are small metal flakes and specs in the oil I drain but nothing huge. I have never had a serious problem with oil burning before and the engine has never leaked. It is clean as the day I bought it underneath and has never seen salt. I perform all my own changes every 6-9K with Mobil 1 extended performance. The car only has 80K miles on the clock. The engine shut off very gracefully with no loud noises so I am hopeful it may still be saved.

The codes I pulled after the car died are as follows:

P0325 Knock Sensor 1 circuit bank 1 (Pending)
P0300 Multiple Random Misfire Detected (Pending)
P2270 Oxygen Sensor Signal Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 2 (Confirmed)
P2097 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1 (Confirmed)

I plan to continue diagnosing the engine before pulling the plug for a new one.

Any help or suggestions will be most appreciated!!