View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:56 AM   #11
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
I think the 5th gen V6 RS should of been twin/single turbo already. But I think there should always be a V8 for Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros. V6s just sound too crappy and ricey to be in a flagship model "muscle car". I think this is the biggest issue. Low end torque would be the second issue and then the pride/ego thing of owning a "V8" muscle car. But times are changing and so is technology... Maybe the V8 can still be in the lower production models like the ZL1 and Z28 and the twin turbo V6 could be the move towards a more eco friendly performance vehicle.

They need to make it sound good without making it ricey though. Possible? Are the die hard V8 rumble crowd going to reject it? I might be a minority, but as a someone who has mainly owned V8s, I personally could care less about V8 rumble. In fact, I don't even like the sound of a cammed V8 with a loud exhaust. Sounds too rugged and like it's misfiring. I took my Lightning out for a drive the other day and coming from a V6 Camaro, the exhaust sound of the V8 wasn't even a thought in my mind but damned I love that supercharger whine though!
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote