View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 05:04 PM   #10
Daily1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I bought my car in 2018, and I was shopping all 3 muscle cars (Challenger, Mustang, and Camaro). At the time there were plenty of cars on the dealer lots, so I was shopping what was available in my area. My only requirement on the car was that I wanted a 6 speed, which all 3 came in. I guess I was a bit biased towards a Camaro as I was just coming from a 02 Trans Am WS6, but I was open to any.

I was able to rule out the Challenger pretty quickly, because well, I simply couldn't find any 6 speed ones around me. I wanted a Scat-pack which on their own were hard to find, and none existed in 6 speed anywhere near me. I looked at Mustang next and test drove a base 5.0 6-speed. While it drove nice, it didn't come with very much. The base tiny 3-inch infotainment screen or whatever it was is pretty lame for a 2018 vehicle, and was a big turn off. Next car I looked at were Camaro's, and you simply got more for less $ in the Camaro. The standard 8 inch screen is nice. Then I found the 1LE package and it was over after that. The 1LE package addressed perfectly any short-comings of the base 1SS for my needs. In order to get what I got in the 1SS 1LE I would have to get a Premium GT with (at the time) Performance Pack 2. This put the Mustang about 4k higher than the Camaro. Add on top of that I got my car for 5k under MSRP and it was a steal. I am so happy I bought my car when I did seeing what is going on in the car market today.