View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 03:53 AM   #242
WCFB-Russ

Drives: ?????
you aren't going to be able to discern much from any of these photos. As someone said the car has padding out the wazoo under the camo wrap and it distorts several key features. I CAN TELL that whoever said "fastback" or "hatchback" is onto something. Perspective wise the rear window is at the wrong angle - they have bolstered the area where the roof meets the rear window to give the illusion that its shape is thus: /

instead the rear window is a lot flatter (lays more flat). Whether this is indicative of a hatchback or anything like the vette remains to be seen. The malibu next to the car in the photos does have a flat rear window (as does the Nissan Altima) and it still has a deck in the back and isnt a hatchback.

So we'll just have to wait and see. the car - in several shots - is LARGER in front than in back, which is abnormal for perspective to happen that way - usually when looking up the car from behind the car will appear the same front to back, and looking down the car (from the front) the car will appear smaller in front and larger in back (the 5th gen does this in pics).

That being said, I wonder if they crammed on a 2014 5th gen front end to fool all of us and are just running it through its paces, and the overall look will be something similar to the aforementioned concept designs that have surfaced. I do not think this will be anything near the bad "concept 130r" render that Car & Driver (verification) did in their mag, Chevy has begun to get rid of the large split grill in favor of a more retro finned grill (see the current Malibu / Traverse for what I'm talking about) and going forward they wouldnt look behind to get styling (remember this car isn't released yet).

I would be surprised to see them use an old style on a new car.

Exciting though, to see how this evolves and if GM will slowly reveal the car like they did in the past or not.

Hang tight everyone, its about to get bumpy!