View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM   #665
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Not sure I'm following your logic. For every Camaro sold GM sales 10+ Cruze. They don't have to hit FE targets for every model they sale, just a corp. average. Sales of things like the Cruze, Sonic and Spark will support the demand for Camaros and Corvettes for some time to come. Technology keeps improving so I won't be suprised to see 35+ MPG V8 Camaros in the future that produce as much or more power than the current 5th Gen. If they sale 2 T-4 Camaros for each V8, and those are getting close to 40 MPG 10 years from now, then GM won't have a problem keeping the model alive.
Sorry, but if 450HP is the maximum HP on a 6th gen. You honestly think a 7th gen will start off with 500? Maybe.... just maybe, IF and a HUGE IF, they produce a 7th gen, it would NOT be NA. It would HAVE to be turbo/supercharged to get there. Id want the HP to be NA. Then if I choose, I can add boost. I just cant see the numbers getting higher when it will basically just be unrealistic for the average guy to go outand buy a high perfomance vehicle. Thats what its coming down to. The amount of SS Camaros on the road now? You wont see that in 10 yrs from now. High perfomance will be less and less. Inflation is making the prices of vehicles even more.You see the avg.salary keeping up with it? No it doesnt which is why youll see less and less of thoseon the road. A V8 camaro in 7 yrs regardless of whether or not it has a 6.2L or a 5.3L will cost MORE than it did today. Add a supercharger or turbo and the cost will go up. So then youll be paying $40k for a V8 camaro as the base price. Eventually itll be out of reach for the norm.

I just dont see the Camaro lasting very much longer. I could be wrong, but I dont want a "high performance" car thats 400HP unless you opt for the turbo or the S/C. Thats going back to how things used to be.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!

Last edited by Wizard1183; 05-08-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote