View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 09:27 AM   #38
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I think you need to read any review and realize that some are bias and some are not. I am on the survey panels of consumer reports since I subscribe to their magazines and have completed two surveys on my car now. In both, I reported that I had warranty work done on it (throw out bearing and rear carrier both were replaced within 12 months of ownership and now that it's getting cold again I am starting to hear the rear carrier noise when turning in my subdivision before the rear warms up in the morning coming into year 2 of ownership). Have I loved every bit about the car? YES! I would certainly buy another one and would also recommend it to a friend because of how much I enjoy the car. With that being said, I told my wife that I think we should make sure to extend the warranty to cover the power train for a few extra years, because that rear carrier was over $3,000 and it looks like it could continue to be problematic and the warranty would be much cheaper than the chance of needing a 3rd down the road.

The shifting of the A8 isn't perfect when it expects you to do one thing and you're doing something else (with the gas pedal), but it's not something that bothers be, because it recovers very quickly. We have a lot of stop and go traffic and I prefer the A8 in that traffic and it's always shifted perfectly in that traffic. I love driving stick, but prefer the A8 with the traffic around here.
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote