View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #27
MikeT

Drives: 2008 Malibu V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
"Better" is a vague word to use though. I highly doubt a stock LT1 6th gen will be faster than your modded 2010. (especially if you are running heads/cam) so if speed is your only concern, then sure it may not be better.

But the 6th gen will or "should" be lighter, handle better, have a nice upgraded modern interior, and (the kicker) hopefully will still look awesome like the 5th gen does (just different).

Throw the very potent LT1 engine into the mix, and that should make for a hell of a ride.
That's a good summary.

Whether it makes sense to buy a 6th gen Camaro depends upon the buyer's particular priorities and circumstances. Personally, if I had just bought a new (or 'new' used) Camaro in the last year or two and had invested a lot of money in it and were happy with it, I doubt that I'd be seriously interested in the 6th gen beyond a general curiosity about what GM was doing with the franchise. Buying? Not likely. I'd probably be looking ahead to whatever was new and exciting in 2018 or so (Buick Grand National?). Or if I were very patient (and optimistic), the 7th gen Camaro in 2022.
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote