View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 03:17 PM   #23
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonagary View Post
WRONG..... Love my 7 speed in my C7 Corvette and so do all C7 owners I have discussed this with. Geared perfect and love traveling the interstate at 75MPH at only 1450 rpm getting 32 MPG. Driving around town perfect too. If I want to just "grandpa" it around town my rpm is always 1200 to 1400 rpm shifting into3 rd at 20mph, 4th at 30 mph, 5th at 40 mph, 6th at 50mph and 7th at 60 mph. Perfect match gearing for the low end torque of the 455 horsepower engine. Will pull strong at 1200 rpm in any gear. When I want to let it rip or just take a more sporty afternoon drive, just pick a lower gear and let the rpm rise. Will be getting a new Camaro next spring and only thing I don't like so far about it is the lack of a 7th speed and the heavier weight of the car compared to the C7 Corvette and compared to all the muscle cars I grew up with in the late 60's.
lol...ok?

You admit to owning a C7 and getting 32mpg......

I guess if you want to drive the car like a grandpa then the 7 speed is the perfect tranny then. lol

More gears in the automatics is the way to go. Manuals I'd say are good at 6. The extra gear is nice for mpg ratings as you said but that's about it.

I've been a passanger in a 8sp auto Z06/07 and Chevy did an outstanding job with that tranny. I'd almost get that verses the 7spd manual if I was lucky enough to order one. I don't think you can out shift the new 8spd auto in the Z06/07 cars. IMHO
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote