View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #151
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Personally, I can't wait for the 6thgen to roll around. If based on nothing else than current ATS production videos...it should be killer!!!

As for design, size, etc, etc....I'm not worried about it. I'll leave it to them - THEY are the experts...I'm not.

I know what I prefer, though...a *SLIGHTLY* smaller car with an evolutionary design bringing the key features of the Camaro (low-slung stance, wide shoulders, bold expression, sharp lines, and cut windows) into the future with some extra attention given to aerodynamics. Pure retro, I think, will almost certainly fail.
Your right...the ATS is looking great performance-wise right now. It is only about 7 to 8 seconds off the pace of the 2010 Camaro SS on the Nurburgring. Run the next gen Camaro V6 on the same platform with slightly more performance oriented suspension and hopefully a tad less weight than the ATS and I don't see why they couldn't shave another few seconds off of that. Imagine how the V8 would run!?

As far as your description of the styling...you are spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Yes, but the point of my post was looking at the various show cars and early EARLY concepts of what became the Camaro to determine what lines actually DEFINE a Camaro?

That is, if they'd also rather just toss everything out the window and slap the badge on a totally new car with zero links to it's predecessors. Which at that point.. well.. you might as well pick another name and kill the Camaro badge.
You are right, and I think the member I quoted above hits on your points as well. Lets make it new, but keep it a Camaro!

GM, I sure hope you are watching this thread.