View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:53 PM   #6
Chazzz

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 A8 Convertible
What you will miss without a doubt from any recent push rod V8 is all that umatchable low end torque along with the sweet rumble that only such an engine generates to the ears and soul. The Overhead cam V6 in the Camaro is far superior to the Mustang 6 cylinder in HP and technology, but even the I-4 turbo motors in both cars produce more torque than the Camaro 3.6 V6 giving the turbo a snappier feel off the line. Also keep in mind that there are some ongoing issues with some Camaro A8 models along with cylinder deactivation issues in some of the V6 and V8 models equipped with A8. The 3.6 V6 in the Camaro was picked by Wards magazine editors as one of the ten best engines made last year and deservibly so, but just don't expect the torque and exhaust rumble that you have with the V8, NPP or not, or you will come away disappointed. A definite advantage to the V6 is it is a much better daily driver with all season tires no expensive performance tires and brakes no premium fuel requirement and generallly lower insurance premiums. Another thing you may want to consider is that GM fleets larger numbers of Camaro convertibles to rental company's which can tend to negatively affect used car values. My car is a 2017 1LT RS A8 V6 Vert that had an MSRP of over 37.8K new and a car like this is only pulling around 20K at auction on average right now with around 18K miles. I track the auction often and over 100 of these, most previous rentals, have gone through one of the USA's largest auto auctions in just the last month and the average selling price is declining at depressing rate. Just some info you can take for what it's worth in making your decision.

Last edited by Chazzz; 11-24-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Chazzz is offline   Reply With Quote