View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 06:53 PM   #201
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Can we apply a common sense approach to this? Hear me out. A LS currently weighs approximately 150 lbs less than an SS currently right? Is it in anyway possible that a T4 could weigh 200 lbs less than the V6 car?

So to compare anything other than equivalents would make no sense. To advertise 200 lbs between the V8 5th gen and V6 or T4 6th gen would be pointless. All of that effort and to save 50 lbs? Advertising 200 when it was just 50?

The only way you put out 200lbs is if it is somewhat comparable models (trim levels will most likely have new equipment so an exact apples to apples may not be possible). Even Ford did not lie on the trucks. May have been a little skewed, but it was true. I don't see GM creating this much hype for it unless it's somewhat across the board options excluded.

I only say options excluded because if Mag ride is an SS option, it will negate the weight savings. I would not be surprised if the Hi-Po options use more composites to negate the weight of the bigger heavier power train.

My guess is base models get more standard steel/aluminum parts. SS and above start getting more and more composites. I would not be surprised to see CF on the Z models.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote