View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
More reasons why 6th Gen will be (should be) based on ATS

http://wot.motortrend.com/2013-cadil...ur-146257.html

I know speculation that the next Gen Camaro will ride on the same platform as the ATS is nothing new, but now we are starting to see more details on the new Caddy ATS.

Looks like it will be offering 3 - 4 engine choices. A 2.5 (possibly not for the U.S. though), an all new 270 HP twin-scroll turbo 2.0, the LFX 3.6 (article states 318HP, but some are saying 330) and very possibly a 'V' version with the new V8.

So after reading the above article, I'm very excited about the possibilities for a 6th gen Camaro.

Most here (myself included) believe the 6th gen will not offer a V6 if a turbo 4 is standard (or visa-versa) but could this point otherwise?

Furthermore...

Cadillac’s David Leone says it will be "several hundred lbls lighter than competition such as the BMW 3 series". Based on my limited research of the 3 series, it is already lighter than the Camaro, so that puts my educated guess for the ATS in the range of 3,300 to 3,600 lbs.

The ATS has already ran a confirmed 8:28 lap time at Nurburgring with the V6...which is just 8 seconds slower than the 2010 SS ran. You gotta believe that with the same V6 in a 6th gen Camaro (which will hopefully be a tad lighter still, and with slightly more performance oriented suspension) could shave a couple seconds off of that. Just imagine that...amazing performance in a V6, and mind boggling in a V8.

While I love my Camaro, we all know they are a bit big, and a bit heavy. This is what the 5th gen should have been....but the platform just wasn't available. As great as the 5th gen is, I think the 6th gen will be a great step forward.

Now if the look is as good as the rest looks like it could be....it might just be enough for me to leave my current love (see below!)