View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #141
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyB22 View Post

I mean its ok... But GM SHOULD NOT continue to make modern versions of the older Camaros... I mean after the 6th gen you guys are going to start saying they should make 1974-81 style Camaros! They need to make THEIR OWN look now. They did the whole modern 1969 Camaro look which worked out because it was the rebirth of the Camaro. But that's where it ends. & don't get me wrong I LOVE the look of 5th gens. But the 6th gen shouldn't be its own design.

I'm sorry but honestly you guys are in denial right now....... yes I love the look of the 5th gen. & yea its sales are beating the Mustang. BUT its sales are only doing that based off looks & it being a Camaro brought back to life. NOT on performance. Plus the Mustangs looks didn't change that much from the 2005-2009 style. Compare the fastest 5.0 GT vs SS. Mustang got it by a long shot. Every one I know or on forums if given a chance to either buy a 5.0 or SS for "performance wise only" would buy the 5.0. I mean the 2010-11 GT weighs like 35xx lbs +- They both make around the same power but the 5.0 is quicker in the 1/4 mile? Part of that is due to weight. I mean my 2001 Z28 weighs 3340 lbs without me in it & with a 1/2 tank. & that's full interior minus the rear seats. If GM can't get the Camaro in the low 35xx - mid 36xx lb range then that's pretty sad!
First, if you had a Gen5 would get it.
Second, I've had a couple of Gen1s and other than the gauges, gills and angle of the front grill; the Gen5 is on it's own.
Third, don't ever worry about the Gen6 taking clues from the Gen4.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote