View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #39
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SSRS View Post
I see no need for change soon, these Camaro's are the best ever made, I would like to see a good run like the 3rd gen's 82 -92 had.
That will never happen, models are considered old these days by 5 years, by 10 it would just become stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperTomcat View Post
Sadly in the era of CAFE..that wont happen.

I wont be shocked, sad..but not shocked, if the V8's are no longer an option and we're left with supercharged or turbocharged V6's as engine options in the SS.

These new regulations that are coming down the pike are serious folks, very serious. They're pretty freaking strict and if V8's are an "option" they'll carry a massive, massive tax (like $4000+) to help GM pay for "fines" from the government for daring to produce a V8 engine.
Don't be so sure thats really going to happen. Firstly there is nothing in any legislation coming specifically about displacement, cylinders, or horsepower. All of it is based around efficiency and mileage. Considering what has been done in the past 30 years of V8's you don't have much to worry about. You would be amazed at the stuff that was supposed to be in the legislation as far back as the 70's that has never happened. It gets squashed or negotiated out. All the automakers, foreign and domestic are big political contributors. Basically much of the stuff we are just getting hit with today was supposed to happen by 1980.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote