View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 11:08 AM   #19
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I think they are cool renderings. I like them...the 1st photo top right angle looks sweet and the side view from the 2nd rendering looks awesome. But I'm not sure they have enough "Camaro" heritage in the design for my liking, but then again some people would rather run away from that altogether and go with something completely revolutionary. I will say I can see the "hips" there and some other throw backs which is nice so I guess I can't say I don't see any Camaro heritage in that...there is some.

I definitely would hope for a very modern if not forward looking looking car, but with the heritage cues thrown in. I guess thats why I love the 5th gen so much. When it was released it has those modern sharp lines, and it was bold like nothing else, but also had the Camaro DNA in it. Chevy brought us the concept as closely as they could, and that is the way to do it right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Comic book toy cars with ridiculously over-size wheels and under-size cabin. I don't know why people think this kind of look is "futuristic" as it's so impractical in any real sense. I would rather see realistic possibilities instead of over-the-top dramatic stuff.
I think your experience with creating your own design gives you a different perspective than others. You look at this and see the inpracticalities and what couldn't possibly make production. Thats fine, but thats not really very fun either. The whole point is to take something that looks wild and over the top, and then see what can be done with it. I'd rather start with something over the top, rather than boring and try to make it look more exciting.

How did the 2006 concept Camaro make you feel? I'm sure you've seen the first sketches for it right? (wild and over the top with the huge wheels) and then they brought it to clay form, and eventually to a rolling model on a GTO chassis. How did you feel about it then? This is the process I'm talking about.

As for the shot below...with some tweaking to the roofline, and some other small changes like wheel gap and what not, I could 100% see this coming out in concept form. From there, if the public LOVES it, GM could make something really road worthy. I'm not saying I really want that to happen with this particular rendering. Just making a point.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 12-17-2013 at 04:08 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote