View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #40
Vega

Drives: 91' Camaro RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTMTE View Post
Ford did add the 5.slow, but modified it in every way possible to give it the horsepower it needed, you really cant do much to make it faster. This is a huge step backwards and the sales will show, Thank God I got mine when I did, I will never put a lower displacement engine in it when this one is finally done.

I actually feel sorry for the new corvette, the European market is going to slaughter it!!!!
I hate to stick up for Ford on a GM forum since im partial to GM, but to Ford's credit they made an incredible engine in the 5.0 and the market for that engine will cause GM to create a better, lighter, more powerful, more fuel efficient motor for us, and then Ford will do it again, then GM, and so on and so on...
But also dont forget that the new 5.0 is not a 5.0 at all, the only thing this 5.0 has in common with the classic one is the liter displacement but thats the only thing, not even the cubic inches match up. Ford is taking a page out of Mopar's book when Mopar started producing the Hemi, which by all means is NOT a Hemi its just a trademark name, but its the same idea.

And wait, didnt everyone say that about the Corvette, then the Camaro, then the Cobalt in the Japanese market? And they had to keep going further and further down the list cause every GM car kept knocking out its foreign competition? haha, be it Asia or Europe i have confidence that GM can and most definatly will compete, especially in the new generation Corvette which looks like a killer already and we dont even have many specs on it yet haha
Vega is offline   Reply With Quote