View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #37
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie scar View Post
This is long winded, bear with me.

I wouldn’t believe too much of what these dealers are telling you. Like others have said these guys only want to sell cars, they will tell you anything to get you to put an order in for one.

I talked to a salesman here where I live (I have known this guy for about 15 years) about future updates to the Camaro (6th gen. ZL1 body changes and the upgraded engine option). His response was that he doesn’t get too much information about car design or changes until the car is almost released. He said there is probably more information on the car forums and internet than what he could give me.

The only problem I could see about waiting to order a car would be with the ZL1 in 2012. Some orders were pushed into the 2013 build cycle and instead of getting a 2012 order the car was slated for a 2013 order.

This is probably one of the reasons I am going to put in an order for a ZL1 sooner than later. I like the current design of the car. I already know I will be playing the waiting game and if I have to wait for one I want it to be in the current body style.

I can’t remember where I read this, but the article went on to say the 5th generation Camaro has been selling very well with its current design; and the fact that the engineers had their work cut out for them if they were going to improve the look of the current car.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some department at GM headquarters (not to mention all the other car manufactures) that monitors forums like these to see what the consensus is on car changes etc. It makes you wonder if they throw bits and pieces on the net to see what kind of reaction they will get as well.

Anyway sorry for the length but I had to throw in my 2 cents worth.

Note:

Sorry I focused on the ZL1; I know you are going to order a 1le. This information would probably apply to both cars.
There was a member of "the twelve desciples (of which there really 13)" on this forum asking us members what we would like to see in the next Camaro.