View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Just a couple suggestions, since you have a more rectangular/trapizoidial theme going on with the back I think that rectangular exhaust outlets located in the diffuser would look better than 4 round ones. Also the side marker light should be lower.

One thing that looks out of place on the nice rounded curves of the side is the boxy rear brake scoop. Maybe two smaller ones stacked on top of each other and staggered slightly would flow better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Front and rear are looking killer!

If I had to make a suggestion on the rear, it would be that the diffusor either comes down low enough to be on either side of the exhaust tips (like in the rending on page 1) , or completely surround them like the 5th gen does. Maybe its just the angle of your rear shot above, but it looks like the diffusor ends slightly above the tip, and is a straight line across basically. I think the diffusor coming down and surrounding the tips gives room to add more character to the rear end.

As said before, the front and rear are killer, but something about the side view is not doing it for me. I think part of it is the fact that the sides of the car (beltline and lower) stick out so much further than the top half of the car (the "bubble"). I feel like the top needs to be widened a bit more which could end up doing two things... 1) increase interior space assuming the width of the car isn't changed...or 2) decrease the width of the car since the sides will be going in further to line up better with the top half "bubble".

Don't get me wrong...I like that the beltline sticks out somewhat from the top...its a great trait, but this may be a bit much.

I'm not sure if the vents on the side work well either since rest is so shapely curved, but the side definitely needs something there to spice it up so a vent is a good start.

as always...fantastic work.
Good feed back guys. I may "flatten" the sides between the wheels a bit so it looks more like the side area back of the rear wheel. I'm also going to pull the "pinch" of the coke bottle inward to have more of an effect at that area.

I'm starting to get all the little pieces in place so I can move into the tweaking phase of the side; the front and back are pretty close to finished. I do in fact intend to do more with the rear diffuser; just stuck something there to start with so the exhaust pipes weren't just hanging in space.

Here's a couple of quick snapshots showing the V6 back. I've also added the roof mullet, shark fin and CAMARO lettering on the sides.

Name:  2016 Camaro V6 back 3Q.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  106.9 KB

Name:  2016 Camaro V6 back sideV.jpg
Views: 1083
Size:  48.0 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote