View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 11:03 AM   #25
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOONER View Post
Not sure why the general is sitting back with the muscle car war thats in full swing . I know the ZL1 is a great car but what is there for selection with the camaro a v6 or a v8 and a ZL1. And whats up with a 1LE Camaro? GM has some great engines that are sittting around O like a LS7 (427) 5.3L (327) LSX (454) dear GM why can you not produce a SS 427? or even a SS 327 what about a Z/28? Maybe a LS9 Limited edition to take down the new Shelby

GM look at what your Customers are doing to the Camaro why don't you make the cars that we want . I have a 2010 Camaro SS and there is 150000 Cars just like mine it feels like there is nothing special about it anymore just like the 1980's the Camaro is getting to be a belly button car and they are all the same. Don't get me wrong the ZL1 is sweet car I live up in Canada where we pay $62000 for the mitty ZL1 it would be nice to get a SS 427 for about $50000 base price.

Am I the only guy out there that thinks this?

Don't get me wrong I love the General
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I find it funny whenever people say that GM isn't building the cars that people want.
Is that why for the last ~3 years the Camaro has been the best selling car in its segment?
GM is making cars that the majority of the people want. People like the OP and myself have become the minority of Camaro owners. 5th gen owners and new Camaro crowd are a bunch of parking lot, dyno queen enthusiasts. Look at all the high HP cars on this site. Most have never seen a drag strip. Also look at the gaudy accessories and so called "mods" that people do to these things. I don't know what happened, maybe it was transformers, but the Camaro is no longer the "poor man's Corvette". It's a cruise night darling. GM has found a cash cow by catering to these people and I don't blame them. It sucks but if you want the General's best you need to step up to the Corvette. I was never a "Vette" guy but it's the only choice if you want a good platform and an LS engine.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote