View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 10:53 PM   #122
2SS BUMBLBE

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS BUMBLBE View Post
My only problem is poor to non-existent FM radio reception. They have been troubleshooting the problem from head unit to antenna. Head unit replaced, same problem. The next thing is to replace the antenna cable from head unit to antenna. I haven't done that one yet, since I am out of town. If that doesn't work, then they are talking about replacing the antenna...and since that is in the rear window...ugh. I really hope it is only the cable. Fingers crossed.
I ate some crow today at the dealer:

So thought I would post the cure for my problem. It took the better part of a year and one deployment but it looks like I initiated the problem. I installed my sub amp on the trunk side of the rear seat back and there is enough EMF bleed to interfere with the FM. Seat up, poor reception. Seat down, good reception. Looks like Diamond amps may not be FCC compliant? Hope anyone else with this problem may save themselves a lot of trouble, a new coax antenna cable, FM module, and rear glass replacement. The silver lining: the dealer is not charging me for the "warranty" work. Whew.
2SS BUMBLBE is offline   Reply With Quote