View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
jrh@lpe

Drives: anything
L83 5.3L V8 Gen V direction injection engine images

We recently took delivery of our 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD with the 5.3L L83 engine. We plan to use this vehicle as a development vehicle for 2014 based truck products and also for initial development of our Gen V V8 products since the 2014 CK trucks are the first vehicles to get the new Gen V GM direct injection V8 engines.

The 2014 C7 Corvette will get a 6.2L version of this engine (dubbed the LT1) and I am sure the Camaro will end up with versions of this engine as well so I thought this might be of interest to Camaro5 forum members.

I will use this thread to post some pictures of the L83 related engine components and then also the performance testing results (dynamometer and acceleration testing) from the vehicle. The 2014 Silverado performed very well compared to the previous generation Silverado so this should be a good sign for the next generation powertrain in the Camaro.

Here is a link to a YouTube video of some of the testing and results as well (think of the video as the Cliffs Notes version of this thread):

jrh@lpe is offline   Reply With Quote