View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 06:01 PM   #137
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
You have got to be kidding me, . When motor trend dyno tested the 14 Stingray it barely had over 400-rwhp no way that is going to hit 120-mph unless this new Camaro comes in at 3200-lbs. Remember most bolt on LS3 cars are well over 400-rwhp and struggle to hit 113-114 mph. The new ScatPacks are all 430+rwhp and event higher torque ratings. So is Dodge under-rating or is Chevy over rating?

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p.../photo_01.html
Your right that the 6th gen doesn't even have a snow balls chance in hell at getting 120mph trap speeds stock but I think your going to be wrong in thinking the Scat Pak will be faster. I bet the car will ultimately hit a 11.7 or 11.8 bone stock in great air on a great track like Atco. I think mag times will be in the low-mid 12's and head to head will have the SS at least a tenth faster auto vs auto or manual vs manual. This is of course if the weight holds true and it doesn't have more torque management than the Vette. Everything else is known so its pretty easy to predict. No engine is underrated or overrated anymore unless its not SAE certified. Trying to compare engine output from chassis dyno results of two completely different cars with completely different drivetrains with different drivetrain losses on different days and different dynos is not in any way accurate. Also last time I checked there was a 30 crank HP difference between the 392 and the LT1 that should be multiplied even further with drivetrains losses so 400RWHP for the LT1 and 430RWHP for the 392 seems perfectly right to me