View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #47
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Interesting anecdotes: We have some younger buyers who have bought V6 Camaros - and their friends are teasing them about it..........

..............not because they didn't buy a V8 - but because their friends think a 4 cylinder is the way to go.....

The point in all of this: YOU and I may not want a 4 cylinder engine - but that doesn't mean there may not be a market for it.

You can believe that if Ford intends to offer a 4 cylinder engine - it's been researched in many more ways than just reading this site.
That definitely happens. But when you have a car as sexy as the 5th gen most people are willing to give up a little something to have that beautiful ride. I have a lot of respect for some of the turbo 4 imports....for their power. Not their looks.

A bit off topic but...

Case in point...my car is 4 years old now. Earlier this week as I went through a fast food drive thru the girl in the window was generally excited to see my car and told me how gorgeous she thought it was. Now how many other cars can do that after 4 years?? Not many at all except for the high end or exotics. Camaro is neither (to many people).

Nail the design first. (yes I know easier said than done)

We all know the cars are going to perform incredibly.