View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 10:57 AM   #296
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
You really can't make an apples to apples comparison from 1967 to now. Even with and without the different government standards the cars are worlds apart. Like it or not, technology and safety cost more. To be honest I'm grateful for where cars are today, because back in 1967 the cars were built like crap and you didn't get the warranty's that you get today. Granted nothing is for free, and we pay for those extras but most of us don't complain if we get into a wreck or have something break.
Really? built like crap?Those cars were built with pride back then. The safety aspect wasnt there I agree because the regulations werent set up and less drivers on the road than toady. Understandable. But youre telling me plastic beats metal? Youre telling me sticker chrome is better than actual aluminum grilles and steel chrome? The engineering may have not been as it is today, but if you think for one second that those cars of the past were built like crap, youre delusional. How is a car "built like crap" so easily mistaken when you could put ANY engine into them very easily with damn near just a swap. Try putting that LS3 into V6 Camaro when its the SAME car. Something breaks on your car, are you fixing it yourself? As for the warranty? warranties are a joke. You didnt need a warranty on a car back then because anyone with half a brain could fix what was wrong with it at home.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote