View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #49
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
There is every reason why it will be over 3600 pounds called reality. Not poking at you but a lot of folks are simply hoping. The V8 and drivetrain alone will add several hundred pounds over an ATS. And if you want the premium materials the ATS uses the be prepared to pay more money.

Again hopeful weight loss targets. Maybe for a 4 cylinder base car but an SS with a V8 won't be below 3600 pounds. I hope it does but that will mean premium materials and big $$.
I know you and I have gone back and forth on this a few times...and I'm not really disagreeing with you. But I still think there is a chance we could see the SS at just a hair under 3,600 lbs IF the next gen Camaro goes on the same chassis as the ATS. (short wheel base...if it goes on the longer wheel base version...then no)

The 2010 Camaro SS weighed what...3,850 lbs? The 2010 Camaro V6 weighed 3,720 if I remember correctly. That's 130 lbs. Just for fun lets say 150lb difference. ATS V6 weighs 3,460 lbs. (according to this article.) Add 150 lbs to that and you get 3,610 lbs.

So I do think it is possible. In reality, what I hope to see is something around 3,600 lbs. 3,650 or less. If its closer to 3,700 I'll be disappointed. If the V6 (or turbo 4) is over 3,500 again I'll be disappointed. I don't see any reason why they would have to use exotic materials to hit this mark, unless the Cadillac is already using such materials to hit that weight. (The base on that car is 3,315 by the way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
From the factory is what counts. Almost no one re calibrates their car. Only people who go on enthusiast web sites are willing to give up the warranty on a car.
He was just responding to a statement, a statement that we feel is incorrect.