View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #132
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick1 View Post
I like to drive a manual and most people prefer the automatic. If GM took away the transmission choices and built only automatic camaros because it's more cost effective to build only one kind of transmission, most likely, I would have bought another car. That's why I am for more choices, be it transmission types or engine choices
Yes, you have the option of two different transmissions in your Camaro. The manual transmission is the standard. The automatic transmission can be purchased at an additional cost. If an automatic transmission did not exist, I submit that, most likely, your car would have been less expensive. More choices require more logistical decisions. Those decisions almost always come with additional costs. Since I do not work for GM and do not make their logistical decisions, I cannot tell you whether or not GM entirely recovers all costs for an automatic Camaro in the automatic transmission option. I would guess that the costs are borne through the entire Camaro lineup. If someone would like to prove otherwise for me, then I would be happy to see this information. However, I would be willing to guess that those documents are not widely available to the public.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote