View Single Post
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #42
MrBowTi3

Drives: 2013 1SS Victory Red Camaro
Speaking from my experience the general rule is you do a minor model change(refresh) and then you do a major model change both of which generally take 3-4 years. That generally only changes when a car has a low or high sales volume year(s) then it is based off of how much profit the company is making back. I don't know the cost that have gone into the camaro for GM but I do have knowledge of how manufacturing cars works.
Let me say this to though, I do know this the only thing bigger than a 50th anniversary is a 100th and seeing how that is going to take quite sometime even if camaro production doesn't halt for however many years so. I would assume chevy wouldn't use that as an opportunity to introduce a major model change and have a year of high sales and then follow that year up with a Z28 or some other type of more powerful variant to keep the buzz high. You have the vette as an example i.e. the vette isn't going to have a zr1 next year (2014) Chevy even said that they wouldn't becuase they have enough hype around the car now. You have to look at it from a business standpoint to if you have enough hype to have a good sales year why release your full lineup or a major variant when you could save it for the next model year and have talk around your car. Referencing the vette again you don't hear people raving about the base model vette that's getting less features than the rest.