View Single Post
Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #77
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I see your point, and I realize it already, but your original comment seemed to imply that they would be designing a new chassis for this car, which isn't true.

I simply pointed out, that since they are using an existing platform, a huge chunk of the homework is already done. Will they have to make tweaks? Of course, as they will for the V6 and the V8 assuming they want to use to use a different wheelbase that is not the same as the ATS or CTS.

I don't see anything wrong with adding a turbo 4 into the mix.
No. The entire vehicle has to be reconstructed - different transmission pairings, different suspension, different driveshaft lengths, braces, fuel line routing, totally different electronics, totally different programming...it is an entirely new engineering feat. It is massive R&D dollars that will be passed onto other platforms. If you want to buy a 6th gen SS with a V8, you should be starkly AGAINST the turbo 4 cylinder option because you'll be paying for that R&D in your price. It is an unknown, so that vehicle will have to be subsidized with the cars you know will sell (the SS's).

I'm praying this is just BS and there will be no turbo option.