View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
No criticism here, what you've done would be great for a refresh and I like the thought that went into it.

If you are looking to fix most of what's wrong with the Camaro styling though, you haven't changed the underlying car very much.

On the current car the belt line is toooooo high, the roof tooooooo slammed. The fenders are too high and the rear is toooooo ummm big. It's just hard to maneuver as those styling attributes make the car drive even bigger than it is.

Your proportions indicate no change in the size of the car, just a rework of the current car. And again, that looks great!

If you (like 99% of the rest of the people here on Camaro5) want a 3500 pound Camaro, it has to get smaller.

Love all of your details, I'd just like to see them applied to a car with the hoped for smaller proportions and less of the elements that have hindered the current design.

My predictions for the next Camaro is it will be a much more livable car. It will have better visibility, more refinement and be a much better car for the non V8 crowd. And then when you put the V8 in ........ magic will happen.

I believe that short of some of the technology and Full Time AWD the next Camaro will be much closer to the Audi A5/S5/RS5 except much lighter. The Audi A4 platform with AWD is pretty much a pig. My S4 weighs abut 400 pounds more than our new ATS.

I am very curious to see how far they are willing to go from the heritage styling. Look at the new Corvette and you have to look pretty deep to find much heritage there other than the configuration of the chassis/frame.