View Single Post
Old 08-22-2015, 12:56 AM   #54
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
I agree, the characteristic is known as the "aerodynamic boundary layer", i.e. the air at the surface of the car is fairly static and not moving. That is why the real performance driven people in Pro-Stock NHRA (who have access to wind tunnels to test) have those huge air scoops that stick way up above the stagnate air on the surface in order to be meaningfully effective. Back in the day the Chevy engineers designed a system (cowl induction) that actually had some benefit over something that only looked good.
sorry but thats not true 100% my LS1 worked so much better with the Ultra Z hood and a volant air intake I can fell how the car can breath much more easy and it also feels a way more dynamic going on the highway and Im not going 200 MPH lol

The Ultra Z hood is useless and even restrictive if not used right, they need special air lids in order to be functional... like the volant air box, it aislate the airfilter from the heat and get a direct shot of cold air from outside, works even better when using a FI like a supercharger

pic not mine nor my car