View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #339
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I would assume if they want to chase 1LE (which I have said I don't think they can) they will have a GT500 aimed right at the ZL1 and possibly an R version to try and be 1LE like.

Or it will split the difference between them, be better than the ZL1 in 1/4 and twisty for a slightly higher price, but not as good as the Z1LE but at a lower price point, but at this point nobody knows.
That does sound like a winning formula, but it would be a complete shift for this Gen. Currently to get GM performance in a Ford, you have to pay a lot more than GM performance currently costs. The GT350 v 1LE is evidence of that. There is easily a $10K upcharge for the GT350 compared to the equally fast 1LE. I am not saying the GT350 isnt worth its price, thats a convo for another thread. I have a feeling, and the evidence points to the GT500 being $70K+ in base form.

Ford has done some unexpected things in the past, so I admit my logic of basing the future on whats being/been done in this Gen has its flaws. Either way, I think EVERYONE is excited to see what Ford does with the 500 this Gen. It is going to be badass regardless what it costs!!