View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #61
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince View Post
Sorry, but guys, are you all blind? Awesome? It`s ugly AF! Looks like some cheap honda or something.
You are proof of the two rules of auto design that I discovered.

Rule #1. You can't please everybody
Rule #2. When you think you have a good design, see Rule #1.

Granted I can see how you just might not like the style, but it certainly isn't "ugly" nor does it look like a cheap Honda. It's not finished; I haven't done any side detailing yet. I've chosen for the sake of viewer interest to post up these work-in-progress snapshots so those who have been following this project can see it unfold and contribute their ideas/suggestions along the way. As the designer I've found their feedback quite valuable and it's helped make this project interesting for me as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssrs396 View Post
Well maybe just the front vent.......
Now that's the first one you've done that looks possible. I've spent most of my time on the front and back but now that I've seen your suggestion it brings out how much the side detailing adds to the overall look and feel of the car. I wish I had more time to work on this so I could get things done faster. I'm literally spending more time researching and watching videos on YouTube how to do things with this software than work on the car sometimes but I'm getting better and faster at doing areas now as a result.

The OTHER thing is working in 3 dimensional space is a completely different process. You quickly see what works and what doesn't when you go from a flat side view to making that a 3 dimensional object. I like designing in 3D, it just takes a different mental approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
I like the front...back looks a bit too much like corvette. Nice job though.
Yeah I thought carefully about that before I did this. It does have a touch of Vette back there but I made two changes which I think helps to add some flair to the design. Instead of tucking the outside bottom edges under which exposes that area to mud and whatever being thrown on it by the rear tires, I decided to flare it outward. This lets the body be part of a GFX package. I may even do a small wheel well flare to complete it so the rear tires are enclosed all around.

The second big decision was to not make the back a smooth transition from the side to the back like I did the front. The entire back is actually recessed inward about an inch. I did this zoomed in so it looked like "enough" at that level but at a distance it's hard to notice. I may double it to two inches so it's more pronounced. This avoids the plain vanilla look of the back of the 2014 refresh and will help distinguish it from the Vette. Borrowing an idea or two from the Vette isn't a bad thing I don't think; it's a great car.

Thanks for the interest and feedback everyone! The project continues.....

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote