View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #740
Jonzmaro

Drives: 2013 RS M6
Look, I love V8's as much as the next guy, have owned so many, I am truly embarrassed to list all. However, I tire of the constant chest-pounding the SS crowd does on this, and other boards. When I had my 5.0, the Mustang mantra was, "go big, or go home"......here it's "if you want real power"....yada, yada.
I admit, one of the main reasons I bought the LFX was the technology/potency of the engine per cu/in, relative to mileage, cost, etc.

The fact of the matter is engines will get smaller. They will have to create power with less fuel, less weight, and less pollution, period. Turbo's will become the norm. I have driven a few turbo cars (owned a Genesis coupe for a short time - not an example of a powerful turbo - but it was a decent car), and I think they are pretty nifty.
I am quite happy with my smaller-motored Camaro, and think GM has given us a jewel of an engine. Technology wise, it excels, and is great platform. Dare I say, more advanced, and efficient than the V8. The turbo 4 they are planning on using will likely pick the ball up from there, and to be honest....I look forward to it.

Maybe then the asinine responses such as "should have saved enough money to buy a V8" will stop. They don't resonate with old guys like me.....who BTW buy cash, and have not carried a car payment for decades.

Bring on the 4's, 6's....hell whatever. Now, a Camaro with only e-drive might wierd me out a tad....but there are a few Tesla's in my neck, and I don't see anyone picking a fight. They are bad-a**.