View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #49
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I am really digging the front. Can you try the turn signals with more of a wedge shape?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Wedge in which way? Sharper outer corners or taller inner corners? Do you want the whole thing thicker or thinner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OperativeXIV View Post
I like the idea but I'm not sure it works as either a Mustang or a Camaro. To me it looks more like it's in the same class as a Miata - a small, nimble car. To me there's something about the greenhouse that just looks.... bubbley (?) not sure how to describe it, but it's a design that doesn't denote the aggressive musculature you usually see in a pony car or muscle car, more like just a fun little sports car.
Well it's actually the same wheelbase as the current Camaro; 112 inches. Front track is 60" rear track is 61". One of the design goals was to improve driver visibility which is why it's open and airy looking. Considering that CAFE requirements may force GM to put a 4 cylinder engine in the Camaro by that time, would a base model car that's a "fun little sports car" be all that bad? Maybe it's not the asphalt-ripping V8 monster we all know and love today but a lighter, more nimble and a blast to drive car is not exactly a disaster. I think a car like that would sell very well. This is the base model. Keep in mind I'm going to add some aero pieces which will definitely give it a more aggressive look, but again we have to accept that things are going to change. I'm designing with that reality in mind; trying to create a shape that's clean, efficient and looks fast. I don't want to wind up with a government regulation car that looks like a government regulation car; the thing that happened to cars in the 70's when all kinds of new regulations hit the auto makers.

For everyone in general: GM actually views these threads so I think this is a great opportunity for us to give them some useful ideas and feedback to help them shape the future of the Camaro. Rather than just say we don't like something, let's try and give them ideas of what we DO like so we can give them something positive to work with.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote