View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #228
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Here's a preliminary top view. Not the most exciting view but part of the set of "views". Here I've drawn an idea I had for the hood vents. These are in black so they're visible but they could also be body colored. The idea here is these are normally closed and sealed so if the car is sitting in the rain, snow or being washed there's no issue of what to do with water going down into the engine compartment.

These would be controlled by the throttle so the more you push the throttle, the more they open up. At idle they can be either closed or barely open which is a programming option. I envision them being pulled down in the front to open up the engine bay for air pressure release and heat extraction. If you blip the throttle, they would open and close accordingly. They are controlled by the computer so they could also automatically close when it's raining or have the option of driver control where you simply either have them closed, or if going on the track you could have them stay full open.
Name:  2016 Camaro Concept Top.jpg
Views: 1758
Size:  130.5 KB

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM