View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 08:27 PM   #48
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by H13rarchy View Post
Wasn't the C7 supposed to lose weight as well? And that didn't happen either...
No, no it wasn't and I don't believe GM ever said it would be. Engine weighs more, steel torque tube for AFM? That added 50 pounds. Tech and interior added more. Just be pause we hope it would doesn't mean it was ever supposed to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceClark89 View Post
Exactly exactly exactly! !!! C7 was supposed to loose weight...while the suspension and chassis lost weight over the previous model the car as a whole gained. ..Once again I say may not be the case but GM wasn't specific on the C7...or C7Z06 do that matter ...BUT anyway
Again no. It was not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Mustang and Corvette were already as light as possible. The Camaro was over weight from day one. You can't compare each situation.
Ding ding ding ........ Winner

Quote:
I disagree man the C7Z51-Z06 is not outpacing the C6 Grand Sport-Z06/Z07...or ZR1 for that matter in fact the grandsport and C7Z51 are nearly identical in every performance measure ....yes interior and handling limit and road refinement have improvements. ..but for god sakes C5Z06 3.9-4.2---- 1/4mile@12.2-12.5@113-115mph YES the car has become better developed and has a greater handling threshold ..but for god sakes I'd hope so after 11-15 years.....Weight IS an issue ..."Simplify and add lightness " Lotus engineering has used this motto like a bible GM could really take notes in that manner
Quote:
As I said I agree to disagree handling measures yes but the over all performance spectrum hasn't improved substantial amount in the last 15 years and yes yes yes iam on GMinside news and the tourqe report autoblog jalopnik exct exct exct all the damn time i know the C7Z06 is a track monster id hope so with that much areo ....iam speaking in terms of real world performance data ...and before everyone goes out to rip me a new one ...i like the C7 ..i dont see it as being that huge barhain yet...but enough about Corvette this is a Camaro forum after all I'm just saying the c7 was supposed to lose weight it didn't GM is saying with the Camaro is supposed to lose weight, but how much....I know all about VIR I lived in roanoke VA for 22 years I driven on the grand course its blindingly fast spooky track....the 1le camaro can also post sub 3min laps via set of worn out tires stoped it from doing so. The GrandSport also a sub 3min car....the track had also been resurfaced and widened....little Tid bit
The performance envelope has expanded exponentially. I have no clue where you are getting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserO2Evils View Post
Ill tell you, after owning a C5Z06 and a C6 Grand Sport, the Z was quicker. But in all fairness, it had mods. Regardless, at the end of the day, Id had taken that GS ANY DAY over the older Z06. Far better car. I can only imagine what the new C7 is like.
Your admission of modification renders your comparison moot.