Thread: 1ss regrets?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #39
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Personally I've decided when I order a Camaro next year that it'll be a 1SS (also doing either a $15-20K down payment). I don't need the goodies, I just want an LT1 w/NPP exhaust and 6spd. Call me simple but that's really all I care about.

It's my thought that leather seats can look rough over time plus are more general upkeep. A lighting kit can be ordered as an option but again, for me it's not that I don't like it, I just don't know if it's worth it. The other stuff is okay but I can't see dropping $5k for a 2SS since come resale time down the road I doubt you'll get that money back.

Now, I might drop that extra $5K on a 1LE version but not for a 2SS, it's either going to be a 1SS or a 1LE for me.
Unfortunately, based on my Gen5 1LE you won't get that extra money back either. My 2013 2SS 1LE has a 36 month residual value of $27k, it only had 19k miles on it but nobody wanted it. Off to the auction it goes. It will probably sell wholesale for 25k. If you plan to keep the car a long time it is going to depreciate away anyway so you might as well get what you can afford/enjoy.

Another factor is discounting. Add this to the equation. If you could get 3k off a 1SS or 5k off a 2SS, do you still go 1SS, knowing for only a couple grand more you get the leather and all the other goodies?
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote