View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #664
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I mean that they'll introduce a 6th gen camaro for a few yrs then discontinue it without redesign like they have done with the 2014 camaros to the 5th gen.

Theyre not going to capitalize on the camaro like they did in the past and run it into the ground. I see them discontinuing it all together before that happens again. It was a perfect time to bring them back, but how can you justify making a "muscle car" or pony car that will eventually lose its muscle again? You cant! Makes absolutely no sense to make a hybrid or electric or 4cyl camaro. That was never its intention. Its a high performance vehicle and high performance is on its way out again unless you will have the money to pay for it. I.e. Corvette, Porche, Audi.....

The LT1 will be installed as the primary engine of the 6th gen camaro V8. 450HP will be the maximum amount of HP the Camaro is likely to see and itll drop from there.
Not sure I'm following your logic. For every Camaro sold GM sales 10+ Cruze. They don't have to hit FE targets for every model they sale, just a corp. average. Sales of things like the Cruze, Sonic and Spark will support the demand for Camaros and Corvettes for some time to come. Technology keeps improving so I won't be suprised to see 35+ MPG V8 Camaros in the future that produce as much or more power than the current 5th Gen. If they sale 2 T-4 Camaros for each V8, and those are getting close to 40 MPG 10 years from now, then GM won't have a problem keeping the model alive.