View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 05:38 AM   #39
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
[QUOTE=GM Lifer;10108473]My list of ergonomic gripes: on the center

2. With my right elbow resting on the cup holders and my hand on the shifter, it's easy to unintentionally hit the drive mode button and change drive modes.

When I had my 17 1SS M6 that I swapped out for 17 2SS A8 my wrist used to press the switch and inadvertently change the magnetic ride and TC settings. This placement makes no sense because that is exactly where you would rest your arm for shifting. My Gen 5 M6 had the traction control button IN FRONT of the shifter. In that location you will never accidentally press it.

The center console is easy. just reach over the compartment like you are hugging the console door under your arm then reach in comfortably.

Where the window controls should be is where the power seat memory buttons are in the 2SS. But if you have a 1SS that space is empty

Thank god the sun visors slide back when placed at the driver's window in the GEN 6. The GEN 5 had these fixed visors that wouldn't move. Even when you pivoted them to the driver's side window you would still have the sun in your eyes.

Hey could somebody please tell me how to copy quotes in the blue bubble when replying to a post? Thanks!
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote