View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 09:54 AM   #526
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...age-2#comments

Here is a link to a review for one of the best selling cars around. THIS is what the commuter set want. Look at how many love and defend a car that accelerates like "A fat guy looking for a bench to sit down on."

If you make the Camaro please them in order to take sales away from Toyota, it won't please the Permagrin people like me who are proud to drive them.

People who actually care that when they step on the gas, the menacing rumble of a classic American muscle car pushes them back in the drivers seat.

People who can't help smiling when the back end breaks loose or feel an inexplicable happiness just walking toward their car in a parking lot, as the expectation builds of another time spent with an old friend.

I know in my head that you are probably right about market share, but in my heart I know that if this car ever gets reviews like a prius or Honda hybrid, if it becomes a gutless plastic DustBuster on wheels to mollify the people you want to sell to, it won't be the Camaro I'm on this site for. It will just become another crappy ordinary oatmeal conveyance for the masses.