View Single Post
Old 12-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #14
wallyj

Drives: 2017 ZL1, A10, Mosaic Black
went from 16 Z51 7 Spd to 17 ZL1 A10

I have not driven a C7 ZO6, but I bought a 16 Z51 7 spd last year. Loved almost everything about the car, but I was never comfortable sitting in the car. Seats just did not fit me. I drove it less, and now I drive the ZL1 every chance I get. The Vette was so nice I worried about getting a tiny nick in it. Between that and the desire for another supercharged car, I decide on the move. The vette is considerably nicer inside, but the ZL1 is plenty nice and I can fit pretty comfortably in it. As others noted, it does ride a bit softer in touring mode for commuting. I love manual trans, and the Vette was very satisfying in that regard, particularly with the MGW shifter I installed. That being said, I think the ZL1 is the most satisfying car to drive I have owned. The A10 is fantastic. The car is always in the right gear and feels much more responsive. Part of that is I did not always downshift as many gears as it would take for maximum acceleration in the Vette, but the A10 just makes it happen. Brakes are fantastic. I have a few cloverleaves on the way to work, and the ZL1 is just as much fun and I've seen a higher number on the g-meter. I just love this car.

All that aside, If I was willing to spend the extra bucks, the ZO6 is probably where I would be. It is just such an extreme beast. I'd have to get past the seat comfort, or lose a few pounds to see if that took care of it. I'd probably only drive it a few days a week to keep it beautiful. I'm going to thrash the ZL1 and probably modify it more than I would have the Vette.

Hope this helps.
wallyj is offline   Reply With Quote