View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
OK...so I decided to have a little fun with your rendering Doc

1) Changed round fogs to angled ones and made the black housings slightly bigger...I think something angled up there with LEDs would look more modern than round, but don't really have anything against the round.

2) I made the "black" area of the lower front air dam shorter than the outward ends. Gives the front more character...and this is exactly what Chevy has done with the new Vette and the Impala,

3) The shaded areas just below the fogs, I changed the angle from flat to angled

4) Brought in the fender flares at the bottoms to show more tire

5) softened the angles of the hood a bit on the outside so you don't see the hard edges as well.

6) Cut off some of the tire length in the front shot...car just looks to high in originals.

7) Gave the head lights an outlined LED shape that I thought would look good with this design....not too hung up on that though. They could maybe be a tad bigger.

In the rear I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I just felt like there was too much "white space" there, so I though a couple indentions in the body there would look good. Doesn't have to be vents...just something to add character.

Also added more lines to the tail lights.

Lowered the blacked out part between the tail lights for more character.

I don't intend for you to add any of this into your design...these are just my opinions!
I really like what you did with the lower front fog lights. The thing I'm hearing with everyone's reaction is they don't really want a conservative evolution of the 5th gen design; they want a revolutionary 6th gen. This is the kind of feedback I was looking for. I'm going back to the drawing board and work on a more advanced design. The challenge will be to not make it look like a Lambo or some other exotic car. This is easy to fall into if you start going with low-profile wedge-type designs.

All kinds of radical, futuristic designs can be drawn but you still have to keep in mind that an engine, interior and people have to fit inside the shape. And the Camaro has to be a 4 seater otherwise you have a Vette.

KM I really appreciate your positive feedback and efforts, that's exactly the type of response I was hoping would happen. Everyone... keep the ideas/feedback going and let me know what kind of feel you want the 6th gen to have; what kind of "look" are you looking for.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM