View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #669
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
[QUOTE=Wizard1183;6495569]Sorry, but if 450HP is the maximum HP on a 6th gen. You honestly think a 7th gen will start off with 500? Maybe.... just maybe, IF and a HUGE IF, they produce a 7th gen, it would NOT be NA. It would HAVE to be turbo/supercharged to get there. Id want the HP to be NA. Then if I choose, I can add boost. I just cant see the numbers getting higher when it will basically just be unrealistic for the average guy to go outand buy a high perfomance vehicle. Thats what its coming down to. The amount of SS Camaros on the road now? You wont see that in 10 yrs from now. High perfomance will be less and less. Inflation is making the prices of vehicles even more.You see the avg.salary keeping up with it? No it doesnt which is why youll see less and less of thoseon the road. A V8 camaro in 7 yrs regardless of whether or not it has a 6.2L or a 5.3L will cost MORE than it did today. Add a supercharger or turbo and the cost will go up. So then youll be paying $40k for a V8 camaro as the base price. Eventually itll be out of reach for the norm.

I just dont see the Camaro lasting very much longer. I could be wrong, but I dont want a "high performance" car thats 300HP unless you opt for the turbo or the S/C. Thats going back to how things used to be.[/QUOTE

? What do you mean? The Z/28 is 500 HP right now. The SS has been 426 HP since 2010. You don't want a high performance car thats 300 HP unless it has a turbo or SC??! Go buy a 2009 mustang GT. We'll drive the NA 400+HP Camaros!