View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 11:47 AM   #13
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by geaux_tigerss View Post
IMO it's less about fitting than the hassle of getting them in and out. I had my 3YO in a front facing and 1YO in a rear facing and it works. I was pretty much making love to the steering wheel but we got where we were going. However getting that rear facing in and out of the car with my daughter in it was a nightmare every time. Really it just depends on how bad you want it. I don't have to deal with it every day so it isn't a huge deal. If I had to ferry the kids daily I might reconsider.
This 100%

In my 5th gen it wasn't so bad getting the rear facing seat in and out, but in the 6th gen...its a royal pain the butt getting the seat in and out with your child in the seat. I don't think my wife could have done it at all. This was a real dissapointment for me, although at the same time I almost expected it since we all know the 6th gen actually list a bit of leg and head room compared to the 5th gen.

Our daughter is now forward facing, which works alright. But when the day comes that we have another that needs rear facing...well then I don't know what we are going to do. Thinking might have to move the child to forward facing long before I do that in my truck which is my daily driver.