View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #28
ChicagoTommy

Drives: 2017 Camaro; 2017 Acadia Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So your suggesting a rear 305/45/17 for drag radials/slicks if i'm keeping my 245/40/20's up front. I'm just making sure I understand everything your saying trying to go down that better route with dragstrip mods then just slapping things on and crossing my fingers.
I'm with Coop on this one, get skinnies if possible. Pushing those big heavy wide wheels down the track is going to hold you back. Easy way to pick up at least .2 in the quarter for another few hundred bucks. At this point you have all the mods besides an upgraded turbo and E85. If you REALLY wanna get drag oriented, the next thing I'd do after wheels is adjustable shocks. Going to QA1's on my 4th gens made a massive difference in the 60'.

I'm glad to see you're asking questions before just buying random parts and hoping! Hopefully the group knowledge will help you accomplish your goal! I've seen MANY MANY instances of random parts purchases over the years that do not net results. I've seen hundreds of 12 second heads/cam LS1's. It's not just parts, but combination optimization that drives results! A few of the RIGHT tweaks can make all the difference.
ChicagoTommy is offline   Reply With Quote